1. Add some holiday graphics or seasonal images to your book promotion banners to remind people that your book would make a great gift.
2. Start using the words gifts and presents in social media promotions for your book
3. Offer package deals including discounts for buying multiple copies. Or have a buy one and get one for a gift for a friend at half off
4. Dream up a gift basket that would work with your book and post on your blog or book landing page. If it’s a business book including items like a nice pen, executive calendar, an “I’m the Boss mug” and more. Be creative.
5. Donate a percent of book profits to charity for the week of Christmas. Be sure to write a blog or press release about this action.
6. Change some of the calls to action on your book’s website. Include words like “buy this book as a gift” or “makes a great present for the marketer in your life.”
7. Donate copies to a school or offer to be included in a silent auction or holiday fundraising event.
8. Include book promo material with your holiday cards to anyone that you’ve collected a business card from or added to your contact email list and suggest your book as a holiday gift or give a discount – like 10% off.
9. Run a holiday contest for everyone who purchases your book in the month of December. Make them eligible to be entered in a drawing for a prize.
10. Share a list of holiday gift book ideas on your blog or book landing page.
11. Help other writers by promoting a complementary book with yours.
12. Write a seasonal post, story, or article for your website that fits in with the theme of your book.
13. Seek out bloggers to help you. Offer a free copy of your book in return for a review. Offer to guest post for a blog in your subject area.
14. Offer a little something extras. For example: buy before 12/31/14 and in January you’ll receive a special New Year’s Newsletter with extra tips or special information.